Day 1:
Alisha and I took a red eye from Denver Wednesday night and arrived in San Jose Thursday morning where we met up with our other teammates Laura, Mike and Charles. We then took a 4 hr very crowded and bump bus ride to La Fortuna, a tiny town outside of Arenal National Forest. The ride was rough and I wished I'd been awake to see more of the beautiful Costa Rican countryside but it was tough to keep my eyes open. We checked in at our hostel and immediately changed into swimsuits to catch a taxi up to La Fortuna waterfall. We hiked down about 400 stairs to the base of the waterfall where we able to swim around. 12 hrs in Costa Rica and I was already incredibly impressed with the beautiful lush rainforest. From there we walked back to the hostel about 6 km and stopped for dinner at a great local place recommended by the hostel staff. I'm not sure if it was the fact that we were the only ones there at 5pm on a Thursday afternoon or the fact that we hadn't had a real meal all day, nor slept much, but it was one of those best-food-I've-ever-had moments. They brought us 2 appetizers on the house, had some fresh fruit margaritas, melt in your mouth entrees and a warm pineapple with rum, brandy, cinnamon, honey glaze for dessert. The sun went down at about 6:00 and I don't think we stayed up much past that but it was definitely a "I can't believe we just got here this morning" kind of day.
Me and Laura at La Fortuna Waterfall
The title of the comes from a picture in Day 2's post where you can see every activity gives you a new wristband.


No comments:
Post a Comment