Monday, November 10, 2014

şerefe

This one time I went to Turkey. In May. I didn't write any blogs about it because it wasn't a service-related trip. Plus I was doing schoolwork while we were there. And work work. And things were busy. And I was with my mother who I'm pretty sure is the only one who reads these posts. 

But that's no excuse. It was an incredible trip with the family and our wonderful tour guide, long-time friend and soccer enthusiast, Mustafa. We witnessed an interesting mix of cultures in Istanbul; modern meets tradition, east meets west, Muslims and Christianity literally under the same roof. Followed by 4 days in the mystical capadoccia where we learned about ancient civilizations, hiked through the love valley of naturally penis-shaped sand sculptures 3-4 stories tall and ate our faces off. 

That is an incredibly short version of the wonderful 10-day trip to a fascinating country with a great family friend. But I couldn't continue with Paraguay without including cheers in Turkish...which is şerefe

Here's a picture of me and Hilary on Mustafa's company's 2-story yacht on the Bosphorus with beermosas...Before she dislocated her shoulder and I popped it back in. 
şerefe.

Tomorrow I'll write something about the country I'm actually in. 

1 comment:

  1. I am NOT the only one who reads your blog! And even if I was, you should still blog. For yourself and your loving mother!!

    ReplyDelete